10/27/2015

Top Ten Tuesday || Books On My Halloween Reading List

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme/feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week is a Halloween freebie, and I decided to list some books that I would love to read this Halloween - not that I think I will.


Okay, truth time, I don’t actually have a Halloween reading list. I don’t even really celebrate Halloween at all. I mean, I do read a scary book (read: try to), watch a scary movie with my dad, and then stuff my face with Halloween chocolate, but that’s about it. Nonetheless, I do love reading creepy books, even though I don’t do it that often – that needs to change (perhaps a 2016 bookish resolution?). These books are not necessarily all horror books, but they are books that I think/I've heard are going to be creepy reads. All of them are books that I, in a perfect reading world, would love to read around Halloween time (not all the books at once, but maybe one or two). Steam, I'm definitely going to read this Halloween, but I still want to try and read one of the others as well.


Bonus - two Halloween-esque movies I'll probably watch this year + one I wish I was watching:
Before I was a reader, I used to spend all my money on DVD's. Honestly, if it wasn't for Netflix, I probably still would.  So as a tiny bonus to this Halloween Top Ten Tuesday, I'm going to list some movies perfect for Halloween.

1. The Rocky Horror Picture Show: One of my favorite movies of all time. I mean, not it's not a scary movie, but do Halloween movies really need to be that? I don't think so, and I'm definitely going to watch this a little closer to Halloween.

2. Sleepy Hollow: This is a creepy movie. It's a Tim Burton movie, so it's kind of a given. Again, it's one of my favorite movies of all time, and I'm happy to re-watch it once more.

3. It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown: I feel like this is such a Halloween classic. I remember watching this on TV as a child, and absolutely loving it. I don't own it, so I can't actually watch it, but I definitely would if I could.

So this was my top ten tuesday for this week. What are some of your favorite movies for Halloween? And what are some of your favorite creepy reads?

1 comment: