12/05/2014

|| November Wrap-up & December TBR

Better late than never, right? Anyway, I'm here today to share with you all the books I read in November. This month was a busy one - I was teaching third graders all of November, and on top of that, I had a huge exam paper to write. However, even with all that business, I still managed to read 10 books. I have absolutely no idea how I managed that, but somehow I did. I read some pretty decent books this month - there were some that disappointed a bit, but there were also some that I absolutely love.






















One Man Guy - Michael Barakiva
This book was a really fast read. I enjoyed this book, and I would recommend it to people who want a different kind of contemporary read. This book is LGBTQ and it's got a great diverse cast. I had a some problems with it here and there, but not something that was a huge deal breaker to me.

Kamikaze Boys - Jay Bell
I have read quite a few things from this author before. I've really adored his writing in the past, and I did with this book as well. However, the story didn't really do that much for me. It was a good story, but that was just about it.

Almost Like Being in Love - Steve Kluger
This book was so much fun. I have a review up on the blog of this book already, so I'm not really gonna talk that much about it.

The Name of the Star - Maureen Johnson
This book I was really excited to read. However, I might have hyped myself up a little too much, because this book ended up being just fine for me. I liked the characters, and I loved the whole concept. I think I was expected there to be more Ripper than there actually were. In the end I was left with a feeling of wanting more, and therefore I will be continuing on with this series.

Y: The Last Man, The Deluxe edition book one - Brian K. Vaughan
This graphic novel I had heard a lot of things about. I must admit this wasn't really my thing. The writing was great and the illustrations were pretty cool. However, the story was just too much. It felt like they try to do so many different things, and in the end, to me, they all fell a little flat. I might read the next installment, next year, but I'm not sure.

The Before Now and After Then - Peter Monn
This was kind of a random pick. Someone on my Goodreads feed had just reviewed this book, and I thought it sounded interesting. And boy was I glad I picked this one up. It was a phenomenal book, and just what I needed. This book made me cry, and it made me laugh out loud. The Characters were amazing, and all in all I just really loved this book.

Lies My Girlfriend Told Me - Julie Anne Peters
This has been on my TBR from the moment it came out. The premise of this book is really interesting, but the execution of it didn't work for me. Out of all the characters only one of them was likable to me.

Cinder - Marissa Meyer
This is a book I've been wanting to read for a long time, but have just never gotten to before now. I enjoyed the book, I really did, but there was just so much going on, that it got a little confusing at times. At least to me. Also, it was very predictable, and the plot twists didn't do that much for me. However, I do want to continue the series, because I¨m very excited to see where this story will go.

Gracefully Grayson - Ami Polonsky
This was a new release of November, and I'm so glad I picked it up. It's a middle grade book, and boy is it an important book. It is easy to understand, which I think is really important when the book is targeted towards middle graders. The story is beautiful, and so well told. I would really recommend anyone to pick up this story.

Wait For You - J. Lynn
So, this book was another random pick. I needed something quick to read, so I thought a contemporary new adult book would be good. And it was. This was a good story and it was well executed, it just wasn't something that completely blew me away. I might continue this series, but I'm not completely sure yet.




So on to my December TBR. This month I want to try and see if I can cross some more physical books off of my TBR pile. The picture shows all the book I really want to read, however that small pile might change. I read based on my mood, and I might not be in the mood for any of these. Actually there's a 90% chance that I'll deviate from this. But I figured I needed to have some sort of direction for the month, hence this pile.


So, did you read anything good in November? What is on your TBR on December?

No comments:

Post a Comment