2/14/2015

Let's Talk About || Valentines edition [+Valentine's Day Book Tag]

Happy Valentine's Day. If you celebrate it, that is, if not, then happy Saturday! I wanted to do a little special post, because why not!? I don't really celebrate Valentine's Day myself, mostly because I never have anybody to spend it with. So it's more of just a 'pamper day' for me. 

The thing I really wanted to talk about in this post is my all time favorite book couples. Also as a little something extra, I'm going to do the Valentine's Day Book Tag. I realize that this post is going to be a little all over the place, but that's just how it's going to be.

Favorite book couples:
I have so many book couples that I absolutely love, and I love all of them for so many different reasons. There are the couples who just have so much love for each other, and then there are couples who have gone through hell, but still love each other just as much in the end. I have narrowed all my favorite couples down to 5 - which was quite difficult. They are not exactly in any kind of order.


1. Benjamin & Jace - from the Seasons series
This couple is everything for me. They are so good together, and I may even be a little bit in love with Jace. He really is amazing. These two go through so much together, and their love just got stronger and stronger.
2. Eleanor & Park - from Eleanor & Park
I mean, how can you not love these two. They are just so precious together, and they should probably be my number one couple. There is just so much to love about them. They are a kind of unlikely couple, but they work so well together. 
3. Holland & Cece - from Keeping You a Secret
I've had a love/hate relationship with this couple, but in the end, I can't help but love them. I really like them as individual characters, but also as a couple. 
4. Levi & Cath - from Fangirl
The thing about this couple, is that I did not like them at all when I first read the book. However, after a while, the more I thought about them, the more I started liking them, and now I'm pretty much head over heels in love with them.
5. Ireland & Noah - from Crane
These two a just a bucket of fun! This relationship is full of everything I love about fictional couples. There's an undeniable attraction, a good amount of snark and banter, and a strange kind of love. 
This tag was created by JoReadsBooks.

1. Favorite Couple Ever - You want to have their relationship!
Oh, I think it's going to be Levi and Cath from Fangirl. I love both of those characters, and I really think their relationship is adorable. It just feels real, and the way the relationship evolved just seemed right!

2. Relationship that never happened - You wanted them to get together but they never did. 

This is going to be a little weird since I've never actually read the book - but I've seen the movie, and therefore I'm going to count them. The couple is Hermione Granger and Viktor Krum. I realize that they actually got together for a little while, but I would have loved for them to end up together. They were just so sweet together.

3. Your crush - ANY character!
Oh, this is a difficult one - I have so many. But I would have to say my current book crush is Jo from Take Them by Storm. She is just so adorable, and I've completely fallen for her. I would love to go on a Valentine's Date with her, or any kind of date for that matter.

4. Worst Relationship - A couple you wanted to break up because the character was awful/deceitful/abusive/etc.

Can I say Ana and Christian Grey, without actually having read the book? No? Okay. Then it's going to have to be Tim Wyman and Ryan (I'm pretty sure his name is Ryan). They were just so incredibly destructive together, and I just wanted them to split and for Ryan to leave forever.

5. Your Favorite Love Triangle

I'm not really a Love Triangle person, and right now I can't really think of one that I like one way or another. I really don't have an answer for this one. Maybe, Ben, Tim, and Jace - from the Seasons series (Something Like Summer etc.)

6. Your Favorite Tragic Love Story - like Romeo & Juliet - No Spoilers! - A couple whose relationship was cut tragically short. 

These people are my go to answers for almost all of these questions. However, the first couple I thought about when I saw this question was Benjamin Bentley and Jace Holden - again from the Seasons series. If you've read the books, you know what I mean. 

Do you celebrate Valentine's Day - if so, what did you do? Also, who is your favorite fictional couple? (books or otherwise)

4 comments:

  1. Karou and Akiva from Daughter of Smoke and Bone are probably my favourite fictional couple ever. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH.

    I really do like Levi and Cath from Fangirl too. They're so sweet! Levi is the greatest.

    I did celebrate Valentine's Day. Went and saw Big Hero 6 with my boyfriend (second time for me, first time for him) and then had a nice dinner at a restaurant. It was nice! I hope you had a great day pampering yourself even you don't really celebrate Valentine's Day! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I really need to read Daughter of Smoke and Bone soon!

      That sounds like you had a lovely day. I hope your boyfriend liked the movie.
      I had a great day - We had some family over to celebrate my dad's birthday, so it was just spend with some great people! :)

      Delete
  2. I feel like I can't tell you who my favorite couple is because it might spoil the book for you, if you haven't read it. So I will just say Yelena and X from the Study series :) I definitely didn't see their relationship coming, and that's the best start to any relationship in my opinion :D

    Eleanor and Park are also a super cute couple! Still, I didn't like the ending, so they can't be my favorite I guess. ;)

    I don't get why we are adopting all these American holidays in Scandinavia. It's only so the stores will sell more, and I don't approve. Last year I went on a shopping ban on Black Friday because Black Friday is the day after thanksgiving and I didn't get no turkey, so I don't acknowledge Black Friday's existence. Haha.

    Anyway, great blog :D It's always nice to see other people from "my part of the world" let's say. ;)

    Cucie @ Cucie reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand what you mean, but I do think Valentine's Day is kind of nice! But I will agree with you that it's mostly just for stores to sell more ridiculous stuff.
      Haha' I don't really acknowledge Black Friday either, except for the fact that it usually means that the stores have great sales. (which just means cheap books)

      Thank you! :)

      Delete