2/06/2015

Tag || The Bookshelf Tag

I saw this tag over at The Innocent Smiley and I thought it looked like fun. I wasn't really planning on posting anything today, and a tag seemed like a fun little something to post on a Friday evening.

Is there a book that you really want to read but haven't because you know that it'll make you cry?
Something Like Autumn by Jay Bell! I’m both very excited, and very scared to read it because I know it’s going to make me sob. The first two books in the series had me in tears, and I’m sure this book is going to do the same.

Pick one book that helped introduce you to a new genre.
Now, this book didn’t exactly introduce me to a new genre. It’s more that it made me actually want to read books from that genre. That book Crane by Stacey Rourke, and the genre is fantasy. I’ve read fantasy before this book, but never really been into that genre. However, this book opened my eyes a little more for the genre, and made me want to explore it a little more.

Find a book that you want to reread.
Just one book? I have a couple that I would love to reread, but I think I’m going to have to go with Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover for this one. As soon as I finished the book I wanted to jump right back in and read it again. I’m sure I’ll end up rereading sometime this year.

Is there a book series you read but wish that you hadn't?
Not really a series. I usually stick to reading standalones, and the series I have read I really enjoyed. But I’m still going to answer this somehow, just with a first book series of companion novels – Rumor Has It by Elisabeth Grace. I had so many problems with that book, and I would rather not have read it at all.

If your house was burning down and all of your family and pets were safe, which book would you go back inside to save?
I thought this would be a difficult question, but I looked at my shelf, and I quickly found the answer. The book I would save is Zap – En Zebra (in Danish) by Sylviane Gangloff. Its original title is ‘Zoem, de zebra’. It’s a book I loved when I was very little, and I would definitely be sad if I lost it, so I would definitely save that one.

Is there one book on your bookshelf that brings back fond memories?
That would be The Great Bear Burglary by Sherryl Jordan. It’s a book that my mom read for me when I was a kid, and I just have a lot of memories of crawling into bed, and her reading that one aloud for me.

Do you have any autographed books?
I don’t actually. I’ve never been to any author signings or bought a book that was already signed. It’s not something I feel like I need to have. I mean, it would be cool to meet some of my favorite authors and get some books signed, but I’m okay with just having their books.

Find the book that you have owned the longest.
Well, I’m not going to count childhood books with this one, just because. One of the books I've had for the longest must be Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis. I've never actually finished it, but I'm only missing like 100 pages. However, it's been years since I've read it, so I'm sure I would have to reread the entire thing to really remember it. Not that I would mind that.

Is there a book by an author that you never imagined you would read or enjoy?
Just by looking at the author alone? I don’t think I’ve ever looked at a author and think – Well I will never ever read anything from you. So I don’t really have an answer for this question.

Show your bookshelf!
So yeah, my bookshelf is more than just my bookshelf. I don't have enough books to fill the entire shelf, and I'm short of room for all my DVDs so they share space. Also, my shelf is just kind of messy - usually more than in the picture, but I've just de-clutted it a couple of days ago. 



No comments:

Post a Comment