10/14/2014

Would You Rather || BookTube Edition (Blog Edition)

I've seen this tag floating around BookTube in the last couple of months, and I thought I would jump on the wagon. Granted I don't have a BookTube channel (yet! Maybe, it'll happen..), but I though it wouldn't harm anyone if I did it on my blog instead of in video format. The tag was created by RayKayBooks, so check go that video out.

Would you rather...

1. Read only trilogies or stand alones?
Stand alones, no doubt. I'm incredibly bad at finishing trilogies and series alike, so I would rather take my chances with stand alones. Also, does companion novels count in the stand alone camp, or the trilogies camp? 

2. Read only female or male authors?
This is a damned hard question to answer. I mean, it's not something I think about when choosing my next read, and I'm not sure how comfortable I would be to choose a book on that basis. However, most of the books I read are by female authors, so I guess it would have to be answer.

3. Shop at Barnes & Noble or Amazon?
I've never ever been to a Barnes & Noble, but I would love to get a chance to browse around in the store. However, I am a poor student, so Amazon would be the answer for me.. Also, some of my books for school are kindle format, so I kinda have to say Amazon.

4. All books become movies or t.v. shows?
Can I say mini series? I mean, I would hate to see a good book become a series, and then have it drag out too long, or it being filled with way too much information that shouldn't be there, or to see the show run for too long. Also, I have to same fears about them getting turned into movies. It can quickly go down hill. I just don't know. But I think I'd have to go with movies then.

5. Read 5 pages per day or 5 books per week?
Is that even a question? 5 books a week without any doubt. I don't think I could live with only reading 5 pages a day. You don't have time to get into the story that way. So, again, 5 books a week would be my answer. Also, with 5 pages a week, I'm pretty sure it would take a millions years to finish a book.

6. Be a professional reviewer or author?
An author, I think. I like reviewing book, don't get me wrong, but I don't think I could do it as a profession. Not that I particularly believe I could be an author, but I think it would be the safer bet.

7. Only read your top 20 favorite books over and over or always read new ones that you haven't read before?
Always read now ones. I have a feeling that I would get bored of my favorite books after a while, so I'd rather take my chances with reading new books.

8. Be a librarian or book seller?
A bookseller. I just don't think I'll be a very good librarian. I could be wrong, and my answer might change. But for the moment, I would choose to be a bookseller. 

9. Only read your favorite genre, or every genre except your favorite?
I would choose to only read my favorite genre. My favorite is contemporary, and I feel like there are so many books out there to read from that genre, and not reading contemporary books just wouldn't sit well with me.

10. Only read physical books or eBooks?
Urgh, do I really have to choose? Yes? Okay then. I would probably say eBooks. The reasons being very simple. I tend to read faster when reading on an eReader, and being someone who travels at least an hour each way for school, it's easier for me to bring an eReader in my bag. Another reason being, that sometimes eBooks tends to be cheaper than physical books, and as a student, I appreciate that a lot as it would mean more books for me.
However, saying that, I think I'd eventually miss physical books.


Have you done this tag? What would your answers be? And do leave a link below if you've done the tag, I'd love to see other people's answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment